Project LR? And why not RLV compatibility?

Voodoo Radek

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since new auto-attach and auto-teleport options are about to come to LSL library, i wonder if wouldnt be better add RLV compatibility on official viewer and LL support .

Instead of develop a thing that is already written, i think that would be more productive make a system to make RLV more accessible, user friendly and maybe adapt it to a ordinary use that don't necessary involve sex connotations, for example: making a menu tab where you can choose what options will affect you like auto teleport in sim with games (like the one of Project LR) and leaving unchecked those one you are not interested in, lets say.. allow people access your inventory and/or undress you. In order to make it a bit safer for under aged users, LL could let activate certain RLV features just to verified residents.

I posted a jira last month, and edited today, asking for RLV on official viewer:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-27154 (feel free to watch it)

I enjoyed Project LR game a lot (with my partner premium avatar) it brings nice features and i cant wait to see this hit the grid, but i think that Marine Kelley had the idea time ago.

Howdy, Voodoo

Marine K. created the RLV (formerly known as the Restrained Life Viewer, but is now the Restrained Love Viewer) many years ago.  Back then, one downloaded the RLV from her website, and placed it inside the SL viewer folder on their hard drive it was not a standalone viewer.  This was back way before viewer 2.0.  Now, most third party viewers (Phoenix, etc) have the RLV code already in it and all a person must do is activate it.  However, the code used in those viewers is not Marine's code.  She has since put out her own standalone viewer with her code already in it. 

I personally think that people should just use the full RLV and not pieces parts.  A Dom cannot access your inventory unless you create a "#RLV" folder and put items in sub-folders inside that folder.  So you wouldn't have to worry about that part.

I think the viewer 2 and 3 should allow Marine's code so they too can be used with RLV.  I guess that's not possible though.  Just go with her standalone viewer or activate the RLV in one of the third party viewers. 

Thanks for the useful information Marcus. To be fair, i am completetly newbie in the RLV matter. Still trying to figure out things.

I am agree with you: it is almost impossible LL integrate RLV just like we know it. But i think that use Thrid party viewer is not the solution to all. Is good enough to individual use, but it could be usefult to the whole community. I am asking for a server side change. A support from LL to certain kinds of functions would make this universe even richer.

I'd rather that LL develops functions like the LSL teleport function themselves. People who want to use RLV can very well use a TPV. RLV is simply too broadly intrusive, especially if newbies get talked into activating it and get a "gift" with a relay in it. That's alredy happening, though if newbs use TPVs without knowing what they do it's their own fault.

A cleaner solution would be to provide a client-side plugin API or client-side scripting interface, which I believe has been asked for years ago. With current focus on stability and bugfixing I doubt that'll happen either.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.