I "some times " see my house missing ( but its there ) when i turn around .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4577 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was wondering why some times i turn around and i see my house missing . ( i know its there  i reboot and its fine and its back or i tp some where else . My pc it happens on and my new powerful lap top also and my friends have this issue also . (with their house or buildings but not all time ) wondering what is this problem lol .

New lap top .. top line graphics card . ... others i know been having this issue also comes and goes . guess its unexplaiable sl stuff lol

5 answers to this question

It could just be your graphic card's way of prioritizing the order in which it renders objects.  A graphics card will usually rez nearby objects faster than ones far away, for example, and will generally render whatever your mouse cursor is touching faster than other things.  That strategy reduces load on the card, so it doesn't have to do everything at once, and it means that you can see "important" things first.  The Firestorm and Phoenix viewers even have a built-in function, adjustable in Preferences, that spreads out the rendering process over several seconds when you TP to a new location so that "important" things snap into view faster while less important ones lag behind.  Anyway ... just a guess here, but your graphic card may be doing a version of this on its own, either by design or because it's getting overloaded (maybe overheated?).  When was the last time you opened the case on your computer and blew out the dust bunnies and cat hair with a can of air?

Rolig, although your answer of maintenance is always a good suggestion, the graphics thingy is not what's doing it for me...I'm standing in front of three rocky outcrops...the ones on each end are there, the one in the middle isn't...I would think they would all have the same priority. No, there's something else going on :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4577 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.