I tried to rez a coalesced object with no copy parts and lost it, how do I retrieve it?

BenjaminBalan2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I tried to rez a coalesced object with no copy parts and It did not rez in world and didn't get back to my inventory.

How can I retrieve it? I have paid a lot for some parts of my build and spent of lot of time putting this together. :matte-motes-frown:

Thanks a lot for your answers,

BenjaminBalan2

9 answers to this question

You probably should go back where you rezzed it and look around a bit.  Coalesced objects try to rez everything contained in their relative positions when they were combined.  I've seen them rezz things 40m above my head and if you aren't looking up, you miss them.  So it wouldn't hurt to look around a bit.  You also might want to derender the ground and make sure they didn't bury themselves as well.

--Cinn

• Like 1

It's too late for the advice now, but please remember for the next time.....  Before you rez any coalesced object, be sure to open your Build Edit tool (CTRL + 3). If you forget to do that, the object will rez as a bunch of unconnected objects.  Some of them might be underground, some might be inside nearby objects, and some may be outside your parcel.  It's a recipe for losing items or (if you are slightly luckier) having them returned by your neighbor.  So long as you have the Build Edit tool open, though, you can move the entire collection of objects as a single entity, using the red-green-blue arrows.  If you discover that you have made a ghastly mistake, you can also still take the coalesced object back to your inventory again.  No loss.  Once you are sure that all parts are accounted for, then you can close the tool.

• Like 1

Hello, thanks for this very quick reply!

As I have rezzed it on a sandbox I immediatly asked to the owner to return all my objects and the owner said they were no objects I owned on the parcel...

I tried to open a ticker and got this answer:

" Case: 01260872

Type: LR Project

Dear BenjaminBalan2,

Thanks for contacting Linden Lab Support. I do apologize that you are having trouble with coalesced objects.

Our records show that your Second Life account has a Basic (free) membership. Basic members have many Support options open to them (you can file cases about most account issues, billing issues, marketplace issues, and some technical issues), but it seems like your issue in this case is not one that is supported for Basic members.

If you have a problem or question not covered by these issue Types, you may be able to find answers at our Self-Help support portal. Here are some options for you:

*Second Life Answers: https://blogs.secondlife.com/community/answers

*Second Life Knowledge Base Wiki: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Main_Page

*Second Life Bug Tracker: http://jira.secondlife.com (and a quick tutorial: http://vimeo.com/14643240)

If this still does not solve your problem, and you would like extended support options (like live chat help and expanded support case Types), you can upgrade your membership to Premium here: http://secondlife.com/my/account/membership.php. Remember that you must have a valid form of billing (PayPal or credit/debit card) on file, and that you will be charged immediately for the full amount of the membership.

Regards,

RebeccaH Scout

Linden Lab Support "

I do not understand why the customer service doesnt want to help me even if this is a SERIOUS inventory-kind of problem.

"RebbecaH Scout" sent me to the Bug tracker but it says it's not for technical issues (what's it for then?) or "Inventory loss or inventory issues"

If you have any other suggestions, i'll be very happy to hear them.

BenjaminBalan2

The support service doesn't want to help because you are not a Premium member. Basic members get some limited support for non-technical issues, but that's all.. This is probably the best reason -- in my own mind, the only reason -- for paying for a Premium membership in SL. It may be worth it to pay for Premium membership for one month now, if your coalesced object contained irreplaceable or expensive items.

Thank you for your answer Rolig,

I have asked "RebbecaH" for more informations about my possibilities once I have a premium account.

Do you think my objects could be absolutly retrieved if I pay for a month now? It would be dumb to pay for nothing after all.

Did you already used that method? I would love more informations. Thanks

There are few guarantees in life. In four and a half years, I have never had a problem in SL that I could not solve by myself or with the help of friends or experts in this forum. There are some issues that only LL can deal with, however. If objects are absolutely gone - not rezzed and not in your inventory -- then only LL will have a chance at retrieving them. Take another look at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Lost_inventory to be sure that you have tried everything that you can. After that, you'll have to decide what to do. All we can do is lay out the options.

Okay, well thank you a lot. Assuming a LL personaly encouraged me to suscribe to a premium membership I can excpect a resolution.

And if the issue is still not resolved after all of that I guess a refund for the 1 Useless would be more than welcomed.

Thanks everyone for their help! It has been very helpful.

*will come again if more questions!!*

To be perfectly clear, I am NOT a LL employee. All of us here in this forum are SL residents, just like you. Our only claim to expertise, if we have any at all, is that we have been around long enough to make our own mistakes a few times and have figured out how to extricate ourselves. Other than that, all we can do is point to resources in world and on various web sites and forums.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.