Answers Forum is a Gold Mine!

Venus Petrov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I really don't know.  She or he has generally been rude to me.  And I don't really care to see a newcomer treated like that - but maybe she or he doesn't do that to others.  Some say that as long as you dispense very good information for free, then you can get away with that.  I don't agree.

It sounds like several think that they are "due" something - which I understand - a Thank You would be nice - did a ton of promoting for SL over the years - and not only no thank you - but can't get support ticket handled effectively - so I get that part - but their position here is not really a job position - it's volunteer - that's pretty clear.

I'm pretty frustrated and annoyed with LL right now - because there are people over there in the merchant's forum asking serious questions about how to proceed with REAL business....

....and LL is handling your drama - whatever it is....not exactly sure....

and that just sucks big time.  Scary.

No, I really don't know.  She or he has generally been rude to me.  And I don't really care to see a newcomer treated like that - but maybe she or he doesn't do that to others.  Some say that as long as you dispense very good information for free, then you can get away with that.  I don't agree.

It sounds like several think that they are "due" something - which I understand - a Thank You would be nice - did a ton of promoting for SL over the years - and not only no thank you - but can't get support ticket handled effectively - so I get that part - but their position here is not really a job position - it's volunteer - that's pretty clear.

I'm pretty frustrated and annoyed with LL right now - because there are people over there in the merchant's forum asking serious questions about how to proceed with REAL business....

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

You might want to take that up with Commerce Linden or whoever. Are you saying that LL should look after only the merchants? Nice attitude. Rather selfish, if you ask me...

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

You might want to take that up with Commerce Linden or whoever. Are you saying that LL should look after only the merchants? Nice attitude. Rather selfish, if you ask me...

I honestly don't get it... what exactly is your motive for posting? You say you want to help, and yet the only efforts I've seen in your recent spree is to make generic accusations, and claim that people are saying the exact opposite of what their posts plainly state. You claim not to be aware of the current "drama" yet make all sorts of claims about what it is.

if you were a new poster, I'd just write it off as ignorance or selfishness, but you've been been around for a long time, and this same pattern has repeated itself consistently each time. and each time you've left in a huff, claiming that forum community has driven you away. I'm left wondering if it has ever occurred to you that it's your attitude and aggressive snide remarks that people find objectionable? how exactly do you expect people to react to someone who is carrying a perpetual chip on their shoulder because sometime in the distant past someone disagreed with them.

I think you'd find the forums a much more pleasant place if you simply avoided people you have a grudge against, instead of following them around and sniping at them over some past imagined slight. I think you'd find others would react better to you as well.

I honestly don't get it... what exactly is your motive for posting? You say you want to help, and yet the only efforts I've seen in your recent spree is to make generic accusations, and claim that people are saying the exact opposite of what their posts plainly state. You claim not to be aware of the current "drama" yet make all sorts of claims about what it is.

if you were a new poster, I'd just write it off as ignorance or selfishness, but you've been been around for a long time, and this same pattern has repeated itself consistently each time. and each time you've left in a huff, claiming that forum community has driven you away. I'm left wondering if it has ever occurred to you that it's your attitude and aggressive snide remarks that people find objectionable? how exactly do you expect people to react to someone who is carrying a perpetual chip on their shoulder because sometime in the distant past someone disagreed with them.

I think you'd find the forums a much more pleasant place if you simply avoided people you have a grudge against, instead of following them around and sniping at them over some past imagined slight. I think you'd find others would react better to you as well.

Void Singer wrote:

QFT

Void Singer wrote:

QFT

Carole Franizzi wrote:

UncommonTruth wrote:

Not true Carole! I remember how clearly you explained bdsm roles
o.O

Oh, yes. That's true! There's not much I don't know about bottoming from the top and topping from the side, and what I don't know isn't worth knowing.

Thank you for reminding me. Did I manage to tempt you into the D/s scene, Uncommon?

Quite the opposite, you've made clear to me that the whole thing is over my head.

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

You should be happy!  

Because without SL residents, which is what I am, and all the people here in this forum and inworld...there would be no commerce.  Nor, any REAL business in the merchant's forum, because there would be no customers.    

So, if you really understand business, then you'd understand that LL actively working to take care of SL resident issues, is vital to the SL resident-created commerce food-chain.

Simply put:  If I'm happy with SL, I'll spend money in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.