What is all of this, anyway???

Nimue Mistwalker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have nothing against vamps.. I've been a member of bloodlines for almost 2 yrs. I'm not a very good vampire . not committed to the game and I'm very shy about biting strangers... My question is this - Why, all of the sudden, is LL pushing vampire 'awareness and appreciation' on the forum and introducing vampire 'experts'???

I'm not trying to start an us vs them war.. I'm just very curious.

Cheers

Nim

Bloodlines is NOT vampire roleplay. In fact, most serious vampire roleplay communities have banned bloodlines HUDs long ago.

Check out Damnation and the City of Lost Angels for real dark roleplay without mandatory spending and recruiting.

Bloodlines is just a clever business idea, nothing more.

Melanie

I would also like to know why "Vampires" is the only subculture in all of SL that is getting all this free publicity and preferential treatment. You don't see Tinies, Furries, Goreans, BDSM, Lesbians, Harry Potter, Star Trek, or any other popular subgroup getting their own forum sections, free promotions by LL of their events, or other perks. Why are Vampires getting this treatment? Did Rodvik Linden get bitten and join a vampire Clan, or what?

If people want to do vampire roleplay in SL, I don't care, as long as they don't try to drag me into it unwillingly. At one point I even owned a store in a Vampire sim, and partied with them at their dance and costume contests, to be sociable with my sim neighbors and support their efforts. But I do not see where it benefits SL as a whole to highlight Vampire activities as if it was a primary subculture in SL, while ignoring the existence of so many other groups.

Melanie Milland wrote:

Bloodlines is NOT vampire roleplay. In fact, most serious vampire roleplay communities have banned bloodlines HUDs long ago.

Check out Damnation and the City of Lost Angels for real dark roleplay without mandatory spending and recruiting.

Bloodlines is just a clever business idea, nothing more.

Melanie

I agree completely, Melanie.. Bloodlines is a very shrewd money machine. You could say that it's vampiric! You don't have to rp to use it or use it to rp.

I was thinking that the vampire subforums on this forum was for Halloween silliness.. but, they continue to grow with the encouragement of LL... very very curious, indeed..

Hello to all. First of all I have to say, that since i remember i consider myself a vampire in this world. From coming online until going offline i feel like this. its a peronal choice, like it could be another or different one. The motivation, I think it is due, in my personal attraction for this magical and mysterious world. I also know most of all the Vampire Games, which are played in this in this world. Some are closer to the universal concept of vampires, and some less, but everyone is trying to spread a concept of a way of life, supernatural and fascinating. I love this world, which opens and shows behind the (first) appearance of chaos lots of hidden order of rules, values and wonderful ideas.

Pserendipity wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

What are you talking about?

If you had bothered to read the content of any single post here, you'd have realize how very off topic your post actually was before you even posted it.  Just saying.

...Dres

I think there's a problem because the Universal Translator hasn't got a setting for Transylvanian.

Pep (has noticed that 90%+ of vampires seem to be semi-literate for one reason or another)

Haha, Pep :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

@Dres...that post sounded like it was totally scripted :(

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Pserendipity wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

What are you talking about?

If you had bothered to read the content of any single post here, you'd have realize how very off topic your post actually was before you even posted it.  Just saying.

...Dres

I think there's a problem because the Universal Translator hasn't got a setting for Transylvanian.

Pep (has noticed that 90%+ of vampires seem to be semi-literate for one reason or another)

Haha, Pep :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

@Dres...that post sounded like it was totally scripted
:(

Maybe it should be.

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.