multi values help

Pat Starship

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have a hud that works off llTouchFaceST and it returns the integer values of each vector

as you touch the face.

I have then filtering threw a function I made

TouchMeLongTime(string K1){

if(K1=="3"){MENU("MAIN");}}

at times i have many values in a row

if(K1=="3"){MENU("MAIN");}

if(K1=="4"){MENU("MAIN");}

if(K1=="5"){MENU("MAIN");}

if(K1=="6"){MENU("MAIN");}

if(K1=="7"){MENU("MAIN");}

if(K1=="8"){MENU("MAIN");}

how can I make it do a bunch in a row?

example no matter what I push (1 threw 8) it knows to preform my event if its press on any of those vectors(1 threw 8).

if(K1=="1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8"){MENU("MAIN");}

I kow above would not work but I was hoping it explain what I am trying to do.I just like to cut down the string amount by being able to group sections of the face to preform 1 event with out having a string for every vector in that section.

nvm figure it out

TouchMeLongTime(string K1)

{list GG = ["34","33","27","26"]; integer i = 0;
        integer end = llGetListLength(GG);
        for (; i<end; ++i)

{if(K1==llList2String(GG,i)){MENU("MAIN");}}

duno if its the right way...but its working ....

You said yourself that you calculate an integer from the value of llDetectedTouchST()... Why do you convert it into a string?

If you transmit an integer to your function TouchMeLongTime(), things are much easier.

TouchMeLongTime(integer k){	if ((k >= 1) && (k <= 8)) { Menu("MAIN"); }	// else...}

I would also point out that it is sub-optimal to use a static string as parameter of a function, especially when all you do is to test this string against other strings, as I guess you do.

As a rule, I always try to avoid working with --from worst to best-- lists, strings, rotations, vectors, floats to work only with integers as much as possible.

In this case of a menu, I would just define some (pseudo) constants at the beginning of the script and forget about their real values. For example:

// Values are irrelevant, they must just be unique.integer MAIN = 1;integer OPTIONS = 2;integer THIS = 3;integer THAT = 4;// etc, etc

So you can re-write your Menu() function to use integers.

Menu(integer type){	if (type == MAIN)	{		// Main menu	}	else if (type == OPTIONS)	{		// Option menu	}	// etc, etc}

Much faster --to type too--, less memory hungry...

And with integers, or numeric values in general, it is easy to check if a value is within a range, like for example:

if ((type != MAIN) && (type < THAT)){	// Special case}

Just think of strings as a plague and avoid them! ;-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.