how do i make myself not visible to others online and make my cross hairs disappear?

LishaJoya Haven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

how do i make myself not visible to others online and make y cross hairs disappear?

i alredy kow how to make me not visible to non friends...but how to make myself not visible on maps, mini maps in search?

Plus how to get rid of my cross hairs so that no one can see when I am looking at them...even if my mouse gets stuck on them so they dont think im camming them?

plus how to have people no see me if they are using special tools to find me online?

thanks

3 answers to this question

You purchase a Private Region or befriend someone who owns one, and ask them if you can hide out there.:matte-motes-smile:

99% of Residents do not have Show Look At activated. You can only be sure of "who" is looking where, when there are only two Residents in a Region and -0- Resident or agents are looking in from possible adjacent Regions.

For complete anonymity you could create an additional Alt account and keep it private.

Unreasonable Resident: mute, report if necessary.

• Like 1

You can make yourself appear offline to people on your friends list and elect not to have your profile show in a websearch by setting that in your profile, but that is the extent of it.

People inworld will still see you if you are near them.

Be aware though that If you make yourself show as offline to a friend they may be able to tell that you are doing that.  Some viewers your friends may use will show them you have done that.  There are also devices that are sold that will tell people you are on line no matter what you do.  Some people that are your friends may get upset when you "hide" from them that way.  There are even people that will drop you as a friend if you do that.  So if you have good friends, you may just want to IM them and ask them not to disturb you and put yourself in busy mode rather than go off line.

The answer to most of your questions is "You can't."  There is absolutely no way to make it so that your green dot does not show up on the map, or to make it so that anyone can't figure out your online status.  Your profile is on the web, so anyone can type in https://my.secondlife.com/LishaJoya.Haven and see all the public stuff there.  Since you haven't made your privacy settings very restrictive, that's a lot of information.  If you are on Firestorm, you can go to Preferences >> Privacy and UNcheck "Publish my avatar in search listings", but that only affects whether people can use LL's search function to find that profile.  

The bottom line is that you cannot hide whether you are in SL.  It's not easy to find where you are, but finding that you are in world is a snap.  It doesn't take any special tools either.  I can write an easy script in fewer than 10 lines to do it.

The crosshair business is the one thing you CAN control.  Go to your Develop menu (CTRL + Alt + Q) >>> Avatar  and uncheck Show LookAt and Show PointAt.  Many viewers also have a check box in Preferences to turn off the crosshairs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.