broken_link while item is worn

Katyana Draesia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

How can I remove items that have been deleted while wearing and therefore now have a broken_link?
Find original cannot be chosen when right clicking on the worn item.

Note that:

- items (a shape and a old meter version) with broken link are showing as worn in currently wearing

- original items with broken link shown in currently wearing, are really deleted from the inventory and non-existing anymore

- all possible caches have been cleared, I logged out and logged in again. This did not solve the issue.

I also tried to find these items via the market place and locations I got them from originally, but these are not sold or given away anymore.

The first two answers to my original question, although much appreciated, are not valid in this situation. I think the only solution will be to get rid of the broken links by deleting them from currently wearing. However, no clue on how to do so.

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

I wonder whether this is a new example of the problem described in https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-24904 ?  Take a look and see.  If this sounds like your problem too, describe your particular case in as much detail as possible (photos, ... anything relevant) and add a comment to that JIRA.  That may help LL's developers pin down the cause of the problem.

Omce you have done that, try clearing your cache manually....... 

1. Open Preferences → Network & Cache
2. Go to the first path “Cache Location” and click the “Open” button behind the path. This will open a file explorer window displaying your current cache location.
3. Logout (close the viewer) and then delete everything inside the cache folder displayed in your file explorer.

Now continue as follows:

1.Log back into SL, to a quiet region (try Smith or Pooley). On your inventory window, click “Recent Items”.
2.Wait for your inventory to repopulate fully. The process may be sped up, if necessary, by typing random letters into the search bar.
3.While inventory repopulates, do not teleport anywhere, and do not attempt to access anything in your inventory. Talk to people or surf the web, or just go out for coffee
4.Watch as it repopulates. As long as you can see (Fetched…) at the top of the inventory window, it is still loading.
5.Once inventory has repopulated, log out of SL once more, then log back in.

- Paths to reset your avatar using SL Viewer V3

Me > Preferences > Advanced tab check show Developer menu

Develop > Avatar > Character Tests > test female

*Note

Before doing this, take off everything that you possibly can (Clothing, Hair, Jewelry, Tats, Physics, AOs, Body Parts)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.