Advice for Good Land Visitor Trackers, Please

Elric Anatine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My colleague is in need of a land tracker to track visitors for basics such as who visits, when, and perhaps how long they stay etc.  I've no experience with such things other than to know that there are a few out there that function horribly.

Is there something that is low lag, not invasive etc.?

Thank you kindly.

I have a very simple visitor script I can get you in world if you want to try it.  It just shows you names and times, not dates or how long they where there but it's uber low lag.

You can buy more complex ones if you need from Thomas Conover.  He's probably the best sim scanner system out there but they use a lot of script time.

Elric you have a couple of options, but you're not going to get all those features in a low-lag solution.

For the lowest script impact, you want one that works on collision (registers when ppl walk over/through it) rather than sensor (does a scan every few seconds to see who's around). The frequency and range of the scan, + the data processing done with it, defines how "laggy " it will be. Some scripters have these things running the scan far more often than really needed and you'd be unlikely to find out exactly what they have it set to. I personally wouldn't buy one that didn't allow me to control the scan frequency.

I make a collision one that's designed specifically for merchants and to be as low lag as possible; notifies you by IM when ppl arrive (with profile and teleport links if you want), records names, does daily/weekly reports etc, https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ArtiZan-Visitor-low-lag-auto-email-reports/1365511

Collision only works on a specific area (altho you can now put it in a large prim) so if you can't funnel all your traffic through a particular area, and want to know absolutely everyone who visits, then you may be better going with sensor (any decent scripter should tell you which function their device uses).

The "how long they stayed" feature is available in a couple I've seen on SLM, but be aware that it's going to be a lot more resource intensive, since it will be doing frequent scans and comparing each scan result to a list of names, asking "are they still here?" to work out how long people are staying. If you want one of those I'd try searching for "visitor + time/duration/stay".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.