Problem with a hud. Does this sound familiar, and can you help?

dogmouse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hiya.

I bought some fingernails on the marketplace. They loaded fine, and look great. There are about 18 different textures that came with them to mix and match, if i so desired.

Additionally, there is a hud for the nail set that is offered separately. it adds an additional number of textures and enhancements, etc.

So i got that too, and rezzed it.

Here's my problem.

When i wear the hud or attach it to monitor...all i get is a long thick vertical black line and i am unable to select any part of it.  Does this sound familiar to anyone out there?

Ive tried moving it around on the screen, but still the same visual glitch of just a long thick vertical black line.

Im hoping one of you can offer some suggestions. it was rather expensive for a hud that replaces fingernails.

thanks

~mouse

ps....this the link to the fingernail hud....

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/RatzCatz-Finger-Nails-HUD-Selection-1/2674090

hi Kylie,

hmm...rotate it?  I would think that the hud is just a texture that gets displayed on the monitor once I wear it or attach it.

Im not exactly sure how rotating it would make a diff?  do you mean i should try rotating the hud once it is on the monitor?

~mouse

oh, ok!  I'll try that!!

I didnt know that was possible.

So to clarify:

I rez the hud package on the ground and then open the contents - save them to my inventory -  then either "wear" or "attach to hud" and then once the black line shows up on the screen, you're telling me to right click on that black line, on the screen, and then try to rotate the black line, yes?

Just a note to anyone reading this who's learning to make huds.  

The only way to do this, without you and your customers disolving in tears of rage and frustration at some point because the damn thing is going on sideways or vanishing off the edge of the screen, is (assuming you're making it out of regular box prim) to make sure the main face of hud -- the one the wearer is supposed to see by default -- is face 4, the face with the red arrow going into it when you're looking at the prim with the local ruler mode turned on.

That means the main face of the hud is guaranteed to be the one showing up on the wearer's screen when the hud is rotated at ZERO_ROTATION, the default rotation for huds, and should mean the hud is more or less correctly  positioned at all screen resolutions.

I learned this the hard way.

Kylie!!!!!    You're a GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say....but i will anyway....your solution fixed my problem.  I am so intriqued by this solution, because i just presumed that anything attached to my hud/monitor was 2D.  I am flabbergasted to find out (from you) that this is just not the case!!!

Thank you again, so much, Dear!  You so totally rock, and have also made me feel like i didnt waste precious Lindens!

Cheers to you, Lady!!  muuuahhh! xo

~happy mouse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.