Inworld search experience

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just a little search experience

I have had a shop for a while now, about 2 years and search has always been a thorn in my side.( and everyones)

I have tried those search tools you buy but they never seemed to do anything much, search bot never seemed to find me in search, i continually dropped in and out.

I put in a ticket about dropping out of search and i was told to try leaving a space after the comma in the keywords, ( like that will improve anything he hee )

So i resigned myself to hope i would be found in search, i was getting about 5 to 10 visitors a day so you know business was nt that good, but i like having the shop.

I took a classified ad out last week, cost me 17000L for a week and guess what i magically appeared on the first page of search  in most of my keywords, never before has that happened, so i guess they have search set up that if you pay a classified ad they will move you into a good search position and for me i have never ever made the first page of search, in fact i have never been able to find me in search usinig my keywords, i usually give up after 40 or so pages.

I was in the 1st position searching hair, 10th postion in skins. and on the first page in many other of my keywords,,a dream come true,, but in SL you have to pay, pay, pay.i guess

As soon as i drop that classified i will be blown back into oblivion

Of course i will do that but thats not the point here, the point is how search is run by SL, it's iunfair and has always been unfair.

My point is , i never  ever found myself in search, i have a full region, i pay a classified and i get moved in front of everyone else in search.

That is not fair, i paid that 17000L to be in a good position in classified, i never thought i would also be moved to the first page of search.

I find that unfair to everyone else in search, but i do realize some use tricks to get a good position in search.

Of couse i benefit from it and it is a nice to be on the front page, but i was surprised to see that

No I understood your point, maybe I was being trite with a simple "interesting".  I remember so many threads about how people thought search worked and how it could be gamed.  I have no idea how search works, but I can readily believe that if LL so wished it could be weighted to those who pay top L$ to advertise. 

Whether that is true or not I don't know, or how you would prove it.  It may well be that those merchants who have been paying top L$ for years have known it and have kept quiet about it. 

To be honest if I paid L$17,000 for an advert I'd bloody well expect it to be well featured, the same as if I was paying top dollar for a newspaper advertisement.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.