voice chat problem (contact support seems to no longer exist?)

Finneli Felwitch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I can activate voice chat and I can speak and people can hear me. I can hear people just fine through my speakers, however I cannot hear myself (echo Canyon) or anyone else through my Headphones. I enabled them and everything else in voice chat under my preferences. I have tested with Phoenix Veiwer, the offical linden labs viewer and Firestorm. Same problem with each. I can use my microphone just find on any other game and voice chat programs like Ventrilo to where I can hear and talk using just my headphones. Windows even recognizes my headphones so I do not know what is wrong. This issue only happened recently as a month ago I was able to hear people through my headphones. Any help on this would be wonderful.

Why can't I submit a issue tracking report? seems they threw that stuff out or hid the option.

I am having the same problem.  Voice worked up until a couple days ago.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the viewer.  I tired SL Viewer.  I have my headset selected.  When I open the mixer my headset is selected.  I see a volume meter for SL voice.  It seems like my headset detects SL Voice but SL doesn't detect my headset.  I even unplugged and plugged it back in.  Finneli or anyone else, if you find a solution, I would like to know.

Thanks

• 5 years later...

This really is the key reason why it is important to test the headphones first just before purchase. Needless to say, you can search for user reviews online or read through critical reviews, and yet the ideal thing would be to try the headphones personally. By doing this you will know if they are suitable for you. We advise you to try out the greatest number of headphones as you possibly can in the local shop prior to deciding. From time to time the more affordable ones will probably suit you much better. Then you can certainly buy them without doubts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.