"DROPPING" AN ITEM

Rocky Moonshadow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

If you "drop" an item that's attached to you, it normally positions itself about a metre or so away from where you're standing. Quite where it ends up relative to you is a bit unpredictable, depending as it does on how the object is made and where it was attached.   It should be around your Linden Home somewhere, though it might be buried in a piece of furniture or something.

Try opening the editing tool and, holding your left mouse button down, draw some rectangles round pieces of furniture, walls and so on.   This will highlight objects you thus select, including ones buried inside things, I think.   That might help locate it.

Normally wearing an item not meant to be worn (we never know with boxes these days) attaches to the RIGHT HAND which I am guessing was not the case with you. It is always good to DETACH and not DROP. If the object you dropped was more prims than you had available on your land then it hopefully was returned to you and should be in your Lost and Found. If you DROP an item on someone else's land, it either gets sent back to your (hopefully) or becomes clutter. I am not sure why we still have that DROP option. I guess there is a use for it somewhere but other than playing football, I can't think of any *wink*.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.