Script fails for object owner

Paladin Pinion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is the oddest thing. I have a script in an object given to customers that has worked flawlessly for 3 years. All it does is call llLoadURL when the object is clicked.Today a customer said nothing happens when he clicks on it. What followed was a 3-hour testing session and we could not resolve the problem. Here is our test script:

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSay(0, "Script starting");
    }

touch_start(integer total_number)
    {
        llLoadURL(llDetectedKey(0),"Click to test.","http://www.google.com");
    }
}

When I create an object and put the script in, he sees the dialog asking if he wants to visit google. When I click it, I see the same thing.

When HE creates the object and puts the script in it, he sees "script starting" and when he clicks, nothing happens. If I click his object, I do see the dialog. I tried passing him a full-perm script, and also the script in a notecard so that he could make his own script. It didn't matter.

We went round and round for hours. The script always works for me. The script never works for him if he owns the object. It does work if he does not own the object.

He cleared cache, and relogged with 3 different viewers (Firestorm, Phoenix, Viewer 2) with the same results.

He relogged as his alt. When the alt creates an object containing the script, it works for the alt, works for his main, and works for me.

There must be some pref, or setting, or attachment, or something that is blocking the dialog for his main. Does anyone have any ideas? It's the strangest thing. You'd think that anything HE creates would be operable by him at least.

I don't think muting could be it. He created the plywood box himself, and it was named "object". The object he received as my customer was named "Mote Particle Generator". Also, he does see the script when it talks in chat; the only thing he doesn't get is the URL dialog asking if he wants to open his browser. We both have SL set up to open an external browser.

The original URL was to my web site. The test URL is to Google.

So yeah, different URLs, different object names. It's a real puzzler.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.