More than one viewer

AlexaShade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is there a way to run more than one viewer at the same time? I would like to have both of my avatars interacting on the same computer. I know that I can run a different type of viewer, like Phoenix viewer, on the same time by opening a closing each viewer, but I have a lot of trouble with Phoenix, as in my clothes don't always load on my avatar, they are attached to her arm in cube form.  any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your help

Alexa 

3 answers to this question

Also if you have problems with your graphics card running two avatars -- and still WANT to :D you can make the windows smaller and not run full screen (takes less power) and / or use and older viewer like 1.23 which still works. If you want to take photos with two avatars you can  set up pose balls or get them where you want them and then minimize one so that you can take a larger picture on the other avatars screen. If none of these tips work, you just need a better graphics card and perhaps a heftier computer. Most of us have wanted to do things our computers could not :D.

Right click the shortcut to the program and change the Properties.   In the target,. add a space and two minus signs followed by the word multiple, as in --multiple to the end of the target string.  Be sure that there is a space before the two minus signs and no space . Mine says ""C:\Program Files\SecondLifeBetaViewer\SecondLifeBetaViewer.exe" --channel "Second Life Beta Viewer"  --settings settings_betaviewer.xml --set InstallLanguage en --multiple"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.