Avatar Eyes and "Lighting and Shadows" enabled

SappaDallagio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I enable the Lighting and Shadows for my viewers (matters not as to which one, it happens on both SLV 3.1.x and Firestorm Mesh), my avatar's eyes go mostly white, as if the texture used to make the iris has simply vanished. I have also noticed that creating new eyes in the Appearance Editor also suffers from this same fate... the default template is ignored no matter how I set the two controls for eye creation.

Has anyone got a workaround for this, other than disabling Lighting and Shadows (which I have done for now)? I realize it's an experimental rendering agent so I'm not expecting mainstream support, but maybe one or two of you good people who have played around with this might have some tips.

Otherwise, it's off to the Jira for me with this one. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sappa, I've found prim eyes seem to at least mask the problem. The background of the eye is still unnaturally white, but at least there are irises and pupils so the zombie look is not overwhelming. Still, LL's native viewer code is still unsuitable for photography, whether it be in their own viewer, or in Firestorm.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.