Sign in to follow this  
Fabeha

Problem in coming back from Aditi to Agni

Question

They will cost you L$10 per animation (about 4 cents USD) to upload, no matter where you got them from or how you made them.

ETA:  If you are testing animations and want to save your L$, you can always upload to the Aditi grid, where it won't cost you anything at all.  You will eventually need to pay the upload fee for your finished anim when you upload it to the Main grid, but Aditi can save you money during testing..  See >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Aditi

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

They will cost you L$10 per animation (about 4 cents USD) to upload, no matter where you got them from or how you made them.

ETA:  If you are testing animations and want to save your L$, you can always upload to the Aditi grid, where it won't cost you anything at all.  You will eventually need to pay the upload fee for your finished anim when you upload it to the Main grid, but Aditi can save you money during testing..  See >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Aditi

• Like 1

If you typed CTRL + Shift + G while you were on the login page, your should have seen a new dropdown menu open on your lower taskbar. Open that menu and select Second Life Beta, which is the same thing as Aditi. Then log in. You will be on the Aditi grid. To log in to the Main grid next time you log in, you'll have to do the same trick, but select Second Life , which is the same thing as Agni (the Main grid).

ETA:  Oh, I know what you mean.... You specified "Last location", but that location where you were the last time you logged in was on the Main grid.  It doesn't exist on Aditi, so the servers landed you at "a nearby location."  Look at the L$ balance at the top of your screen.  If it says L$25,000, you are on the Aditi grid.  That's play money.  You can use it there, but not move it to your real account on the main grid.

There is no such menu coming after pressing Shift +Ctrl + G ...

there are only two menus, Mode which says Advance and Start at menu which says My Home. I have typed Aditi there but it still took me to near by location

Read the very large, boxed note on the web page that I gave you earlier: NOTE: Starting with Viewer version 2.6.0, you will need to go to the Me->Preferences->Advanced menu and enable "Show Advanced Menu" before the above will work.