Is combining "Nearby Chat" and "Conversations" into one window possible?

SappaDallagio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In Firestorm Mesh, I have my "nearby chat," "conversations," and contacts dialogs all inside one window. I toggle among them by way of vertical tabs on the left side with the selected dialogs and/or info in the right pane. I like having only one window open for all of those.

Is there a way to get the SL viewer 3.1 to do the same thing? I've been through the preferences and while I can move all conversations into one window that is tab selectable (horizontally along the bottom... not as helpful a design), I cannot find anything in prefs that will allow me to combine chats and conversations. Maybe something in the debug settings I can try? I've scrolled through those but didn't see anything that grabbed my attention as being that pref.

This isn't a show stopper for me from using this newest SL viewer but having two windows open to monitor conversations and chats is, in my opinion, a waste of screen space.

Hi^^

in the original LL-viewer 3 you just can use the chat-window as you said:

- one window with horicontally tabs or

- single chat-windows for every single IM and the puplic-chat

I use Firestorm (mesh) and do use the vertical tabs too and I think this is the best solution for it at the moment. You can switch Firestorm preferences to see IMs in puplic window too. You will find it in:

Viewer>preferences>firestorm>chat>general>show IMs and group chat in chat console

Have fun!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.