Downloading tiny avatar's shape and bones issue

Crias Rowlands

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey, im have a problem i faced when doing tiny mesh avatars (like a dwarf-sized). I used Wiz Dexters plugin to import the tiny AV shape into blender (xml). Its get imported but the proportions of the torso, legs, arms isnt correct. Its get loaded with standard sizes, not tiny, dwarfy sizes i set inworld.

Is there any solution for this? I need the perfect proportions in blender to match the inworld bones to get perfectly rigged av.

Unfortunately, it seems that skeletal morphs don't get exported. It is the same whether you use the Daxter plugin or download the .obj files from the viewer. The only workaround I can think of is maybe to use the SL Avatar Poser files to make a match of your avatar by using the dials in Poser. I haven't tried this yet. It's on my to do list though.

Thanks for your answer Ashasekayi

Its pretty sad it doesnt get exported, i hope there will be a solution for this soon.

My work around was to stretch the AV mesh limbs inside blender to fit the default skeleton, then scale down the av shape in SL. It doesnt give the best result, but works somehow.

Would you share your experiences after you tried to solve this in poser? Im not familiar with that app.

Ok, so I just did some experiments in Poser with the SL avatar files for Poser. (I also tried out the morph .obj files for the SL avatar that you can download at the Avatar Database site) And well, that doesn't solve the issue either. You still have to scale the bones by hand to replicate the skeletal morphs. So, you might as well just do it in your 3D suite.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.