SPAM threads

DanielRavenNest Noe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4609 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Once again we have spam posted.  Please do not reply to the spam posts, since that floats them to the top of the forum.  Just click the "Report Inappropriate Post" link on the left, and the moderators will delete it after a while.

You would think they would add a spam filter.  It must be annoying to have to delete these posts every day.

Someone did something yesterday.  The spam was not near as bad and it seemed someone was taking it down nearly as quickly as it was posted.  I feel for the mods but someone needs to do something.  The forums are nearly useless after about 4 pm SLT every day.

The unfornunate part is that we users cannot bury the spam by bumping up real threads like a forum on forum software........this is blog software and the threads remain in place for all time (they do not come to the top when posted or replied to).  That gives the spammers a huge advantage to completely destroy a forum.  I've stopped watching some programs I enjoyed simply because the spammers are linking to some (most likely malicious) website to watch them. 

I just report once per spammer account.  I think the moderators are smart enough to see that a one day old account with10 posts all about something spammy needs to be deleted.

Personally, I think accounts under a certain age which post more than, say 5 times in a day, should be flagged automatically and removed pending moderator review.  Newbies who post a question or two will not be affected, and the rare newbie that posts a lot of questions will just get a notice their posts are under review.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4609 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.