Looking for a Job!

Jean Hema

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been around SL for around about 2 Years on and Off. And i have never once had over L$1000 on my account. Although i am happy with my Avvies Appearence and the Various Objects etc that i have, i would, like most people, love to improve etc. So i decided that i would like to earn $L. I am only really looking for well paid jobs such as Clothing/Skin/Hair Modelling (For Images, Maybe Catwalks etc.) Or Greeting. Anything Similar to those would be awesome! And i hope to hear from anyone soon!

Please dont Hesitate to Contact me Via IM's In-Word,

Jean Hema

(P.S - I Am a Male, My name sometimes causes Confusion. Although it is pronounced "John" most people call me Jean as in the Pants :D)

I'm not sure how it works for men, but for women, modelling in SL is HARD to get into. Think about it - EVERYONE in SL has the ability, with enough $L or good enough building ability, to be gorgeous. Also, you pretty much have to already have a high-quality inventory to even start, since you're expected to have a variety of items for your employer to choose from to create their ad; they won't buy these things for you. Often you get whatever you model, if I'm not mistaken; but that's AFTER you've done the modelling. So if you're modelling hair, for example, you should have a selection of skins, shirts, and even eyes from quality designers from which the employer can choose to compliment their hair in the ad. (And models don't always get paid in $L; as I said, often you may recieve your pay in the form of the item you modelled.)

You may want to be proactive - search inworld for "hiring," or "greeter," etc. Many places use scripted "greeters" or greeter-bots, so again, that's something hard to get into. You could maybe try Host for a club, or DJ if you could put a good stream together. Some places also look for security, so you could try that as well if you wanted. There are jobs in SL, but also a LOT of competition for those jobs, so good luck!

I second the response above about modeling. There are easily 100 models to every job, and most agencies that will take the inexperienced or untrained you will find are often schools that charge to train you how to become a model. What's more, modeling isn't like RL- the majority of modeling jobs are catwalk rather than photo shoot jobs, and catwalking requires even more than a nice looking avatar. Look into it if you're really interested, but understand it's a SLifestyle that takes as much energy and committment and being a content creator if you want to be "well paid" as you say. Greeting and still modeling is often more akin to camping, where you're earning pennies just to have your av online. 

One of the easier and more lucrative jobs(working for someone else) in SL is DJing. A good DJ with a nice set list, the ability to do requests, etc can make a decent amount for a 1-2 hour set. Clubs are -everywhere- too, so that helps. A stream is pretty inexpensive, if you're really cash strapped you can even get a stream for a 24-hour period so you just get one during gigs at first. If you do that while looking into becoming a model, you might be able to circulate yourself a bit too. 

Don't overlook pulling up the classifieds in world and taking whatever's there. Try out something that doesn't sound as glamorous and you might end up loving it!

I've had 5,000,000L in my account in the past - I suppose that makes me qualified to answer?

I would play Fish Hunt and Gold Hunt. You'll probably earn a lot more than you would dancing.

You also get paid instantly by clicking on the ATMs at the HQ rather than waiting days like you would with E2L

http://secondlife.com/destination/fish-hunt-headquarters

http://secondlife.com/destination/gold-hunt-headquarters

Oh and there is a huge community to get involved with!! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.