Dance HUD questions

Jodi Karillion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all, I have been considering getting a dance HUD but am not really sure where to start.  Ideally I would like one that I could put single dances in and also dances that I can dance with a partner, is this possible or are HUDs only for single dances?  Also is there a difference between HUDs and chims? And lastly is there a particular one that anyone would recommend? Thank you. :)

Jodi.

Partner dances are tricky as they'll only work where you have rezzing rights - the need for poseballs to keep you in sync.

Dance HUD wise, I prefer the ones from Henmations - though pricey at 950L they've been worth it.

Chim and HUD are basically the same except that a Chim is worn on the body and others can click on it, and a HUD goes into your HUD-display and only you can click it.

Henmations and many other HUDs let you pick and invite people to dance with you with any of the dances individual or in collections that you desire.

Its a lot like an AO - you set up a notecard with your dances, for each 'theme' you put them into. You can then switch between themes and dance either randomly, in order, or just one in particular.

Most dance HUDS will allow you to add your own dances to them.  You can put single dances in them and dance with a partner using a synchronizing feature that a lot of them have. This will synchronize the movements of both avatars so that they mirror each other, however this will not be in the traditional woman in the mans arms but more a side by side dance.

'Couple' dances like ballroom type dances will generally require the ability to rez pose balls for best results,. This is a problem as most public dancing areas do not allow you to rez objects there. There are some 'couple' HUDS that don't rez dance balls, however the more complicated dances just don't work as well in them for a variety of reasons.  Most people use a club's couple dancing system when out and have one at home or sets of dance balls for personal use.

A 'chim' and a dance HUD are the same thing.  However some dance HUDS also perform other functions such as serving as an AO also.  The advantage here is that you do not have to manually turn your AO off and on when you begin or stop dancing.

Dance HUDS range in price from Free to thousands lindens (If the HUD features other functions and/or comes with dances already loaded) Dance HUDS are available with a variety of features and you should choose the one the features that  best fit your individual needs.  Some features to consider are:

1. Easy of use - do you type commands or do you get a control panel on your screen when wearing it
  2. Are the 'commands or controls' of the HUD easy to understand and operate?
  3. Can you select specific dances or choose to play the dances in order or randomly?
  4. Can you invite other's to dance the same dance you are doing and how many can you invite?
  5. How easy is it to add dances?
  6. What other functions does the dance HUD perform that may be useful to you.  Such functions may be
  • The ability to choose groups of dances that you program into it like a play list that are related by style or appropriateness to the type of music or venue
  • The ability to also use it as an AO
  • The ability to use it as a personal Teleporter by adding destinations (usually landmarks) to frequently visited sites
  • The ability to play gestures
  • The ability to greet other people without having to type the greeting in chat
  • The ability to interact with other avatars by hugging, kissing, and/or spanking?
  • The ability to play 'macros' that are preprogrammed or that you program yourself.  Macros perform actions automatically, such as 'giving' something to another avatar or rezzing objects such as chairs.
  • The ability to use the HUD as a flight assistant or defensive /offensive HUD
  • If the HUD isn't free do you get future updates for free? Automatically or do you have to ask for them?

As you can see there is a lot to consider in choosing the best HUD for you.  It may be that you start with a basic free one and upgrade to one with a lot of additional features as you gain experience using one and can decide which features are most helpful to you.

• 1 year later...

Dear friend,

You should try new dance hud name is "dance with me galaxy" on marketplace

it has good feature easy to understand,plus you can invite people to do sync dancer

and the best thing about it,it comes with 259 dance animation,I have been using this hud from las 6 month

I never change it

Thank you,I hope my post is helpful:matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.