Missing Required Level of Detail and Viewer Crashes

Tommy Rampal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So after driving me mad, I've turned to the forums for this one.

Using Blender 2.9, it worked normally (and uploaded fine) until, for some reason, it no longer uploads and freezes my viewer with the message 'Missing required level of detail'. I've actually went ahead and rebuilt the mesh from scratch, still no luck. Is this normal that it freezes the viewer, forcing me to close it? And is there an easy fix?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this will solve the problem or not, as I'm using Maya and not Blender. I had this issue also, quite a while ago and it seems that SL really doesn't like it when meshes are grouped with eachother. Combining is fine of course, but it seemed to solve the problem when I ungrouped my meshes.

Hope that helps somehow!

Ah. If I remember correctly, that could be because the auto LOD generation decimates triangles fom the whole collection without knowing it is separate meshes. So it can quite happily delete all the triangles from the lower LOD meshes of some of the components. Then the uploader sees that those have no lower LOD meshes (or at least, meshes with no triangles) and it doesn't like that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.