Terraforming

shaun Mosswood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I have posted a question in the creation section but I dont think I got my point across so i'll rephrase.  I am attempting to create a more realistic shoreline on my island by trying to roughen up the edge of the sand where it meets the waters edge as it is too smoth.   What im finding is that the Linden build tool, the bulldozer, and any other land terraforming tools i have found all seem to lower, raise, roughen, flatten etc but too much at a time-i need a finer control over the terraforming tool.  So.......

Can anyone please point me in the right direction to obtaining a terraforming tool to shape the sand edge on my island but with a much finer control so not too much is adjusted at the one time.  Thanks :)

3 answers to this question

I have never found a terraforming tool with finer control than the built-in bulldozer, but I haven't spent a lot of time looking for one either.  You can get pretty fine control out of the bulldozer, though, if you practice a lot.  Set the strength and size of the tool at their lowest setting and do your finest terraforming with tiny taps on the mouse button.  It can be a little frustrating until you get good at it, but I have been able to get surprisingly good landform detail by just being patient.  It also helps sometimes to alternate back and forth between tools -- raise an area slightly, roughen it, flatten gently but not enough to kill the roughness, then lower around the edges and smooth......   Remember, of course, that RL waves tend to smooth a coastline, so you don't need to make really small jaggedness.  If you want to add a little variety, too, you can always break up the appearance with a rock or a log.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.