Can't get LL v3 viewer to work

Draakje Dailey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

With mesh here I decided I wanted to try the new viewer (I have been using Phoenix for a while). Eventhough my computer is compatible to the requirements SL recommends this is what I see and only what I see after starting up.

No avatar, only if I get lucky I will see myself as a cloud. I can't move back and forth, only rotate the camera when I use arrowbuttons to left or right. Does anyone know what this means and how I can fix it?

screenshot SL start up.jpg

It almost looks as though you're being rezzed in a water sim and the environment is set to midnight.  I had that happen once and it looked exactly the same.  Have you tried logging into a different sim?  Made sure you are at Mid-day?  I'm grasping at straws here, but that's a place to start.

Draakje Dailey wrote:

This was at my own homestead on groundlevel. Settings are CALWL and in daylight.

That and the fact that I can't move, talk or teleport makes me wonder if there is anything else going on.

Yeah, something else screwy is goin on, but I have no clue what it could be.  Have you tried the Cool VL viewer?  It's the only other seemingly stable viewer I've tried that is mesh enabled.  Hopefully, somebody else will come along shortly that knows more about problems like this than me. 

Clear cache in your preferences. Try logging in to your home and to your last destination. Several times. And if you decide to use both Phoenix and official viewer, set different cache folders for each of them, having one cache folders for both can cause these problems. And when you are logged in, don' log out right away if something is wrong, wait 5-10 minutes. Good luck! :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.