How do we update products already being sold on the market place?

estatica

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! I recently uploaded my first product to the market place and discovered it needed some revision. Instead of submitting a new one from scratch, I'd like to know if it's possible to update the contents of the box. I still have the SKU for the product and I paid for featuring and really wouldn't want to lose that investment, nor the reviews.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated!

When I notice something minor needs changing (eg add a LM, forgot a bit, spelled something wrong in the instructions), here is what works for me:

1) make a corrected box with the exact same name.

2) make the listing for that product on market inactive  (button up at the top while in edit on that listing).

3) delete the wrong box from the marketplace box and put in the corrected box with the exact same name

4) after the magic box goes back to white, make that listing active again

5) send out corrected copies if incorrect one has been purchased (I do this manually).

In addition to the above (very good) instructions, you can use the "Edit associate object" button on the Object Editing screen to change which item in your Magic Box(es) will be delivered when a purchase is made.

When I'm upgrading a product, I use the following procedure:

1. Make up my Delivery Box and assign it a name that is slightly different than the existing (older version) product's Delivery Box. For example, I might include the version number in the name (e.g. "Thingamabob v1.03").
  2. Put the new Delivery Box in every Magic Box that will deliver the new product. After I add the new Delivery Box to each Magic Box, I wait until that box returns to its idle white color state before moving to the next box.
  3. After putting the new Delivery Box in every required Magic Box, I move to Marketplace .. use Inventory > Manage inventory and click the "Sync Marketplace with Magic Boxes" button .. then wait 3-5 minutes and refresh the inventory listing.
  4. Next I edit the product listing and use the "Edit associated object" button to switch to the new Delivery Box. It should be listed in the item shown when you cilck the "Edit associated object" button.
  5. Finally I save the edited listing and return to the Manage Inventory listing page. The old Delivery Box should now appear with a "Create Listing" button.
  6. I visit each Magic Box with the old Delivery Box inside, delete the old Delivery Box and wait for the box to return to its idle white color before moving to the next box.
  7. One more visit to Inventory > Manage Inventory, click "Sync Marketplace with Magic Boxes" button, another 3-5 minute wait and then after a page refresh ...
  8. The old Delivery Box should now appear with a "Delete" link (instead of the "Create Listing" link). Click the Delete link for the old Delivery Box and ...

Presto! You're done!

I know it seems a bit long-winded, but it works without fail and has never given me any trouble. The most important issue to observe? PATIENCE! Don't rush anywhere along the way.

Using the above procedure, you will not run into a situation where a customer gets a failed delivery because there is only a momentary lapse as Marketplace switches from the old Delivery Box to the new one (step #4 above). Thus this is "concurrency safe" and won't lead into more issues down the road.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.