Do many people read in advertising groups?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I suppose there are some people keen to collect all the freebies they can who don't mind being bombarded with junk mail.  Most of the many members are probably little-used alts or unused accounts that left SL ages ago though.  I leave spammy groups almost immediately, but then I'm not likely to join one in the first place.

*Shrug* these groups are very much like the leaflet-distributors that deliver junk mail to all the houses in an area.  They are legitimate in that they do what they say they'll do.  Most people are annoyed by them, although it's easier to 'opt-out' in SL.  Despite that it only takes one or two sales to make it worth while for the advertisers, so they keep doing it.

Stella Carver wrote:

I have about half of my group notices off, especially the ones who send most frequently; music venues and freebie/lucky chair groups. Then I go back and check notices when I have time and want something to do.

That is a great idea.  Just remember that notices only last 14 days.  Many times if I do not get any from a group, I forget about the group.  But, that is just me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.