Dark and Invisible?

Kandee Koray

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So it started on firestorm, so i switched to v2 and now its doing it here too. My avatar, my huds and my SL interface go invisible, or completely black. Ive been in SL for a few years with the same computer, and never had this issue, ive seen posts similar to this question, and people say its different things, but i cant find a solution, this problem didnt come up for me until mesh did. (not saying its because of mesh just giving a time period) and its keeping me from logging in as much as id like to cause im so frustrated by it. Anyway, its only on firestorm or v2 (v2 beta or whatever) I dont use phoenix and i dont want to. So Id like to know whats causing this, and more importantly, how can i fix it? (i can get Screen shots too if it will help try to explain what im saying)

1 answer to this question

Try going into Me, Preferences, Graphics, Advanced and uncheck Lighting and Shadows

or

same as above plus Hardware (also in Graphics tab), uncheck Anisotropic Filtering and or Enable VBO, you may also want to try disabling anti aliasing 

in my experience, once you get everything to show up once, then you can go back and enable all the stuff you disabled no problem.

One time turning off name tags and relogging worked for me, no idea why, just did

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.