Wanted: Good machinima video artist for a simple music video

Sakairi Melodious

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

While it is certainly fine to hire someone else to make your video, there are some steps that might let YOU do it. That way you in theory get what you are looking for and also might have some fun.

Here are some things you can do assuming that you have a "normal" SL experience and don't have to use a very old viewer in order to log on.

1. Close all the programs you do not need open. ( So SL viewer and your capture software.)

2. Check your frame rate (Ctrl + Shift + 1). Above 15 is apparently OK. 30 is much better. I shoot with frame rate about 60 or so most of the time, but I capture at 30.

3. If your framerate is low, here are some things you can do.

• Lower your DRAW distance. If you are shooting inside there is little need for it to be above the 32 meter minimum. If outside, you can still lower a lot and let some of the landscape "disappear" artfully *wink*.
  • Make your viewer window smaller. While it is nice to be able to produce High Definition 1080 widescreen videos, most folks actually WATCH them in the small windows that YouTube and others provide. This is mostly because their connections won't run the HD versions fullscreen without stopping.  So small will work if necessary.
  • Move to a more stable, faster sim (LEA sandbox is usually good). Wait for a better (faster) time.
  • Lower your graphics settings. Personally this would be my last choice as I love seeing all the details, but depending on what you are trying to portray, it might work just fine for you.

Take your own video. This seems a little obvious but if you were trying to film an alt or BY an alt, then you are already taxing your system by running two viewers. Most things can be accomplished by shooting yourself. In fact I have done a few things I didn't know I could do by accident (and don't know how to repeat the process :D ). So experiment. There are very low cost camera huds on the Marketplace that might help with this. Again, it all depends what you are trying to do.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.