Age of XStreet merchant

Smokey Newman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

Having just checked new items on XStreet I notice that there is someone selling 15,000 textures even Meikes poses, things they obviously should not be selling. What was the age of this merchant. well 1 day. Now I think this is an obvious alt but wouldn't it be a good idea to have a minimum age for a merchant to sell on Xstreet which may give a resident time to learn about permissions of object and not to think they can just place anything they get up for sale. This would also put off people making alts to sell things as they would have to wait some time to do this.

Just an idea.

Smokey

Not sure what the case is here....

but many have been waiting (what seems like an SL lifetime - much longer than 90 days, which is by most standards an SL lifetime).....

for store categories and the ability to offer several lines of product within one store.

and it ain't happenin'.

so you may see people open new shops with inventory all ready to go.  and they won't be names you recognize probably.

they will have to use a new avatar, as the current system is not able to handle another store for the same person.

so just be aware that in some cases, a brand new avatar with a full line of inventory is not necessarily some kind of scam.

because of that....do not support your idea on age or hindering alts.

Yeah its a small hindrance, it just would mean the baddies will put a bunch of alts on reserve & age 'em.

There is valid reasons to have an alt begin selling without delay.

Better idea would be apply the mesh IP standards to all selling. Each criminal, once banned, will then need a new credit card with a new payment ID to try selling again & they will quite possibly be facing real life charges. Forget alt-looping then, they probably won't even try it twice. That is the way to go.

Ok I understand about the alt thing I too would like to be able to seperate some of my stuff under two store fronts so yep I suppose using an alt would be a good idea. However the idea was also a usggestion so that newbies have time in SL to understand permisions before putting anything they come by on XStreet.

Hi Smokey, you are older than one day because using the term XStreet ;)

Alot ideas for merchants are around, like need to have PIOF or be Premium or have an ingame store or ...

I guess it´s in the buyers choice to trust a merchant or not because none of the ideas gives real security or is fair and doable.

Maybe it wasn´t the merchants best idea to use a one day old avatar, obviously an alt.

Monti

Totally agree.

I have personally been floating several ideas for products that absolutely would not fit under the Old Time Prims label, so they require a new business. Since I can't run more than one "business" from one avatar, it requires a second.

Guess I'm thankful that I have a few alts in reserve from my earliest days in SL. At least they're "aged." However, I don't shy away from using new ones. Either way, if I do get the other product lines off the ground, I have no problem marking in each profile (and confirming in this avatar's profile) that they are my alts. Jo Yardley and I do something similar in our respective profiles (in spite of popular opinion, we are two different people, who do business together, who live on two different continents; in spite of all evidence to the contrary, we are not one person). We've clearly noted that, in the case in which one of us should go missing (it's happened before--power outages in my region), the other has permission to act in our stead. This became invaluable when my entire region lost power for days due to a storm. Jo can (and has) simply contact my landlords, make sure that they confirm our proxy arrangement by checking both profiles, and handle any urgent business that can't wait until I have power. Most landlords are happy to wait for me to return, if they know why I can't get online to pay them, however, they do appreciate being made aware, to know that I didn't simply just neglect to pay them. Having someone "legally" appointed to this position, when you have a bigger business, is important. My biggest client for over 7 years was the most well-known lawyer in the US. I tend to be particular about these sorts of things.

Additionally, even in-world, the whole system is geared to really only enable one business per avatar. If you want any satellite shops or stalls (the majority of which require group membership to rez products), each "business" needs its own account. As well, it really confuses customers when a single avatar's profile isn't clearly geared for a single business.

I don't think, however, that I would ever attempt to run one business with more than one avatar, unless my count of satellite shops exceeded the room I have for group slots, because I definitely do want "Mila Edelman" to be the only avatar associated with "Old Time Prims." It's not that I care that much about people knowing who I am. It's mildly amusing when folks who shop a lot at my store run into me in public, and don't know that I made everything they're wearing. It's more of a customer service issue. I always want folks who shop in my stores to know exactly who to contact, if they ever have a problem. I know what it's like to not be able to determine which employee to contact, and I'd hate for my customers to experience that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.