Viewer 3 problems

meriilion Vyper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We should not be surprised as LL uses us as the unpaid beta test division It will undoubtedly get better in time but just another case of releasing a product before it is ready

No viewer 3 is a buggy poorly constructed instrument it is not drivers or your system it completes a successful load 30% of the time and then is a nightmare to use the communication with the asset server is poor at best always going into I am thinking mode it is an improvement over the last iteration but not to be considered a main line viewer 

I had tried to install Firestorm, Viewer 3, Singularity & Imprudence.

I instal but they do not open,. I did a boot in my machine and tried to install and open the programas,. None open.

Interesting, because the machine was clear and the program did not open. I receive the message 0xc000001d error and up to now i did not get to play the game with the new viewers. Only Phoenix is opened in my pc

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I downloaded viewer 3 and it wouldn't even open to log in.  Why have all the SL viewers gotten worse since 1.23?  Each new version of SL viewer gets worse and worse.  How can any new resident even get a chance to experience SL if none of the viewers work, and the one that DOES work (viewer 1) is getting phased out?  It makes no sense.  So, I was forced to try out a 3PV, which worked as well as SLV1, and infinitely better than all of the SL viewers since SLV1.  I don't understand the logic of putting out SL viewers with so many problems for so many people.  It doesn't seem to make very good business sense.

Anyway, I have to use a 3PV to access SL at all now, with the new SLV3 problems, which SLV1, and 3PV do not have when trying to access SL.

I hope the SL viewers that are made in the future are actually capable of accessing the SL world.

• 3 months later...

I've not been on SL long..About 6 months in all....With each update the SL  viewer has gradually got worse...The Lag is so bad now that I hardly go on SL..I know for a fact it's not my computer..It's brand new and I have tried everything possible to reduce lag,...Nothing works....I have a free account at the moment but was going to pay for the premium account...No way now..This has just totally put me off...I have read loads of comments about the latest SL  viewer...non of them good I might add :(

bodyguard13 wrote:

I've not been on SL long..About 6 months in all....With each update the SL  viewer has gradually got worse...The Lag is so bad now that I hardly go on SL..I know for a fact it's not my computer..It's brand new and I have tried everything possible to reduce lag,...Nothing works....I have a free account at the moment but was going to pay for the premium account...No way now..This has just totally put me off...I have read loads of comments about the latest SL  viewer...non of them good I might add
:(

Well, with all due respect, just because your computer is brand new doesn't mean it can run Second Life well. If you post the specifications as well as details of your network connection, we can have a look and see if we can suggest ways to improve your Second Life experience. What have you tried so far?

I own a two-year old desktop computer and it runs the latest Second LIfe and Niran's viewers very well using a wired 6MB DSL line. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.