Why am i getting missing required level of detail?

money Crannock

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm sorry, I understand that this has probably been asked a lot, but due to my inability to use the internet past google, I couldn't find any answers. Basically, I made a mesh in blender 2.59, then attatched the rig in 2.49b. I also weight painted and press the "make real" button in 2.49b when I finished. When I went to export, I did collada 1.4, and pressed triangles and only export selection (which seems to be what I need to do according to youtube tutorials). So, since I seem to have done everything right, why isn't it uploading?

I doubt the picture would be very different from similar problems, but I'll post one anyway:  http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/a469/buddy65/?action=view&current=whyyyyy.png

thank you in advance :)

I think the read light and error message are normally displyed while the dae file is uploading. When it's finished it goes green. So it looks like the upload of your file is stalling at some point. Either it is to large, or there is something in it that the uploader gets stuck on. If you are confident the file is correct, and it imports into Blender correctly, then the uploader shouild either complete or report an error message distinguishable from the pre-upload condition. It should not stop in a state that is indistinguishable from a normal pre-upload completion condition.

I encountered this also 2 days ago.

Made a Mesh and rigged and weight painted it in 2.49.

It wont show up in the upload preview window and also telling me the "Missing required level of detail" message.

Strangely my older files that i uploaded before would show up without any trouble. :matte-motes-agape:

What i did was, out of curiosity, weight painted and rigged the mesh in Blender 2.59 and exported it to collada without

the "Make real button" ( cause there is non in Blender 2.59 )

This worked like a charm. The Mesh was rigged and worked like expected. Since then i uploaded serval times and used the 2.59 output only. Works without a problem so far.

I tried exporting from 2.59 again, but when i uploaded it (for testing sake, a very simple rigged mesh i made), it became mangled:

http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/a469/buddy65/?action=view&current=crushedboxerman_001.png

As you can probably imagine, it's supposed to be a basic stick figure made out of boxes, and it animated normally in blender.

Hm should that end up as an Human form ?

So .. err did you tweaked the ones ?

Anyways .. it definately looks like some of the Vertices are assigned and weight painted to the wrong bones.

In blender in pose mode, move every bone ( rotating ) to the extreme and watch the modell closely.

You then can see where Vertices are off and repaint those in the weight paint mode.

I build Blender myself, and had the same issues when exporting from the latest builds of Blender. To get collada export to work for SL again, I had to download and export using one of the 2.58 versions available on Graphicall.org. This only applies to rigged meshes. Non-rigged meshes exports fine, and imports fine to SL, from any 2.59 version of Blender.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.