Custom sky animations: Could custom sky animations i.e., different moons be created for sims ?

Burke Hawker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was wondering if the single moon for the night sky might be replaced with other phases and numbers of moons.  I have specifically Gorean role play sims in mind (there are about 400 by a recent count).  Gor is a sci-fi fantasy world with three moons.  I think this would be very popular among afficionados of that genre.  It would not seem like a difficult thing to create, and plenty of talent would be willing.

Thanks,

Burke Hawker

1 answer to this question

You could certainly put a textured sphere on a scripted path across your sky and call it one of the hurtling moons of Barsoom.  That's not particularly hard.  The difficult part is the size.  Moving a small physical prim doesn't take much energy, but you can't see a small prim unless you're fairly close to it.  Sadly, a nearby moon just isn't as convincing as a distant one.  Unfortunately, to see a distant moon it would have to be BIG, and you can't move physical megaprims of any decent size without crashing the sim and maybe having an unpleasant visit from a LL techie.  The only other option is to create another moon like the one LL already has in the sky, but they have the franchise on that one, so that's out too.  Sorry.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.