is LL getting rid of accounts that have not logged on for more than 60 days

darkprincess Overland

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Just in from LL:Linden Labs have recently made the decision to kill older unused accounts from the grid. The reason given for this is that the amount of unused accounts are lagging the inventory servers. If every avatar has just one alternate account, thats twice as much storage is unnecessarily being used. So from October 1 2011, Linden Labs will commence kulling any account that has not been signed into for 60 days.....So if you have alts you want to keep you need to log them in before 10/1/11....... is this true

4 answers to this question

This rumor was sent out to one of my groups, so I searched for an official post in one of the blogs maintained by Linden Lab and found nothing. Google also turned up nothing and I was directed to this thread by someone in Second Life when I asked if they had heard anything.

Though Linden Lab has purged accounts that were never logged into after being created (source), they have not yet purged accounts (or said that they are going to purge them) that were once active (logged into at least once) but have become inactive.

darkprincess Overland: If you have a source for this information, please provide it. This seems like a rumor.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.