Viewer2 doesn't work. "graphic driver failed" or needs an update???

pinklady3071488311687

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I really need to resolve this problem to attend the CESL online meeting.

I have been trying every way to update my graphic card...but it still failed to launc on Second Life. I wonder what can I do about it? It was fine two days ago the first time I updated from viewer to viewer2.

The other thing is I was able to use Veiwer Beta to log on Second Life, but then I can't see the powerpoint slides in the meeting...What should I do??

Please help me!!!!!! I am so frustrated!!!!!!

Thank you in advance.

Pinklady307

4 answers to this question

See  http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Graphics-cards/ta-p/700073 for reliable links to drivers for your graphics card.

When you upgrade your viewer, and especially if you have been having problems recently, it is often wise to do a "clean re-install" instead of trying to load the new version on top of an existing one.  That way, you won't inherit any damaged files as you move from one to another. 

(1) Find the folder (probably in the /Programs directory on your C: drive) where the exe file for your viewer is.  Delete the folder.

(2) Find the folder with the user settings file for your viewer are (probably in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data . Delete it.

(3) Find the folder with the local settings files for your viewer in it (probably in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data . Delete it.

(4) Then install the new version of your viewer.

It's impossible to make that judgment without knowing what computer the OP has. If it was working fine for a couple of days after the viewer upgrade, the problem really is nothing more serious than the graphics card drivers. Many people are seeing that message as they change LL viewers recently.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.