How can I change the default size of hovertext at the viewer level and not the object level?

Eve Greymoon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have breedable horses that are no mod. They have a hovertext over them that gives their stats.  In Kirstens viewer, this text is fairly small. I recently loaded the most current Linden viewer, and was blown away by how large this text is in the standard LL viewer. It's too big!

I would like to modify my viewer code to reduce the default size of hovertext (or whatever it's called) so it isn't so large and overhwhelming.  Does anyone know how to do this? 

Hover text, appears as if it is being rendered in world when in fact, it is not.  It is a function of each users interface and how their PC text is set up.  If they have larger text enabled, it will show larger however, you can only change the color and the brightness of hover text.  It will vary from user to user and from viewer to viewer much like particles work.

This is in large part why Hover Text is only used for data coming off an object and not for marketing.

Go to your preference and there you can change the size of your text.

Thanks for your answer! I appears however that changing the font size in preferences effects only the text that appears in chat and IMs and not the text that appears over these object. Is there a debug setting I am unaware of that will affect hovertext over objects? That would be sweet!

I am aware that it a fucntion of the viewer; however, what I'm trying to find out is if I can add or change a simple xml line somewhere to reduce the size of the text over objects.  Though of course a debug setting would be even better.

Hi Eve,

Please see my notes in https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-20438

You can change the medium value in fonts.xml , but that will change a number of other things too.
In the Jira, I also said that floating text should have a hardcoded size.
I guess I was wrong, for people with wishes like yours :)

Anyway, the XML-structure doesn't allow for a decent fine-tuning. That's what VWR-20438 is about.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.