MUTING AND BLOCKING AND THE NEW SL PROFILE FEED!!!!!!!!???????????

lolalab69

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

MUTING & BLOCKING SOMEONE ----CONTINUED RE: SL PROFILE FEED (AND 'FOLLOW' OPTION??)

If I have muted/blocked someone - can they still see my profile and feed? AND are they able to post comments on my SL profile feed?

PLUS I see I can now "FOLLOW" someone (as new option on sl profile)...so if i click that and 'follow' someone - then does that person know I have chosen to do that?? and do i know if someone is following me????

is this like twitter following or it seems stalker-ish?? yes? now?

sheesh **Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://secondlife.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif" border="0" alt=":smileytongue:" title="Smiley Tongue" /> ----------------------------------------

6 answers to this question

If you follow someone and they use the new messaging system that is part of my.secondlife.com, you will see their messages. Kind of like tweets. So, they have to be using the system in order for you to have anything to read or respond to. Of course, you could use it first and then invite them to try if you like.

• Like 1

Even more basic...what is this all about?  I just received IM to my email from LL telling me that someone is now "following" me.  What does that mean?  What is a profile feed?  Making sl like facebook and twitter seems idiotic.  I've searched the knowledge base on "following" and come up empty, and this post is about all I find on the blogs.  It's already impossible to have a private life in sl.  How about a toggle switch that disables ALL your friends' ability to see that you're on so you can wander around in peace for an hour or so just like rl without anyone being able to locate you?  Some healthy downtime.  But instead they now want people to "follow" us.  Am I supposed to send tweets about what aisle I'm in at Xcite? pfffft...

• Like 1

I'll say Renate - i agree - it would be nice once in a while to go online and not have any IMs or group notices for as long as I want :) just now and then ... to have the option would be great.

Cos u know if you hide from certain ppl and ur in the same group they can see if ur online if u open the same chat window .. like "oopss bustedddd" lmao.

But i agree with u - good point :)

OKIES thanx for that!! cool :)

but NOW i have further question ... I thought i would enter my name in sl search and see what actually came up in the results and WHOA!! i found someone on 7 Oct who had very very similar name to me (i,e, i WAS "Lola Gem" ..this new avi/profile is "LolaGem") no other details, only birthdate of 6 Oct 2011 (i think it was)..totally blank profile. ALARM BELLS went off, so i clicked 'FOLLOW", and then proceeded to change my display name to "Lola G". left a polite message of "cool name". No other repsonse etc so far.

I was just very suspicious of someone 'posing' (?) as me...hence i changed my display name. I check this profile maybe once a week...just to see if anything is added or changes.

Am I being overly susss....?? or paranoid???

Any suggestions?? Just carry on as I am?

Cheers

:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.