Sculptmaps & textures for green plants (full perm)

Eva Tiramisu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have for the last year been looking for sculpted green plants (full perm sculpt maps and textures or at least shademaps) to include in my builds for sale. I haven't been all that successfull. I have found a snakeplant and a bamboo that looks nice, but I am really looking for a fern, a cheeseplant or a papyrusplant, something green. I love the stuff at Artic Greenhouse, but sadly, they dont have this, that is the quality I am looking for though, not the "sliced sculpts" that many offers. Any ideas who to contact or where to look?

Thank you for answering.

I have looked at the marketplace , but I only see what I call "sliced sculpts" there, or full perm, but not maps. This is where I found the bamboo and the snakeplant (which wasnt what I was looking for, but the closest i could find).

I have gone trough seaches of sculpt maps, of plants (with all perms ticked), gardening, fern, papyrus, cheeseplant, office, home & garden, flowers, greenhouse, green house and a few others. I honestly think they are not there. It would be great if there was a seach I have forgotten to use and you proved me wrong :)

Btw, just to clarify, by sliced plants i mean plants using this kind of sculptmaps; https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/1prim-Sculpted-Plant-Kit/827634 (the reason I picked thisone is that is a freebie, so its a steal, I dont want to put anyone down, but its not what I am looking for).

What I have found is that you either have good sculpt maps with bad textures or good textures over bad sculpt maps.  You may want to try PREFABRICA.  They have both however, I do think their textures a but cartoony.  I use them and other maps then build my own textures for them.

I buy most of my sculpt maps these days where I used to make the all in 3DS but with the time it takes versus the low cost of prepared maps I just buy the map and texture them.

Another resource is turbo-squid.  They are meshes that you can import yourself and some are amazing.  Game builders and Architectural models use this as a resource but it's not cheap.  You also have to tweak many of them in a Blender, Maya.  3DS also have a few default plants that look amazing that you can import as mesh but you need to tune them a bit to smooth out the poly counts as they tend to get pretty high.

• 5 months later...

i have been making good textures and opted not to mess with sculpts. your welcome to check out my stuff although its not sculpts at all. i spend alot of time on my textures and dislike sculpts as they tend to distort and you loose resolution.

what i do have is 3-4 512-1024 diferent maps per plant, each renderd at a 120 - 90 degree offset and no alpha fringe.

and there resonably priced

to bo honest im not to good with scuplts yet but im learning and i got the textures down. just a mater of time b4 i do get to that.

take a look, let me know what you think.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/106002

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.