Bake texture (render to texture) with vray

loup124

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Vray is a raytraced renderer that can take several minutes to do one image.  It takes account of many physical features of an object, like index of refraction and displacement mapping.  Second Life uses a much simpler rendering engine because it has to display as many images (frames) as your frames per second rate.  So typically it has a few tens of *milliseconds* rather than minutes.  That's why SL does not look as good.

If you have a fast computer with a good graphics card, you can turn up the graphics settings in Preferences up all the way, or use Kirsten's Viewer, which has extra features for photography and movie making.  That will make Second Life look better for *you*.  It has no effect on people with slower computers using lower graphics settings.

• Like 1

I know what vray (maxwell/octane/fry and many others) does and how it works (i work in 3d since 98) i just can't figure out what is wrong with my textures in SL(new in here).

I also do textures and mesh for games but never had this problem.I just wonder if i miss something. 

There are many possibilites why, but not enough information to conclude anything. What size is your image, what size is your object, what exactly looks "wrong" about it? Perhaps include a picture, and a bit more description about what you expect or want to see compared to how it looks in SL. Does the image look okay before upload?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.