People cant see the events I'm posting

Hope Seranade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi

I have been posting events fora few months now but when a friend searched the events calander on the date i had posted an event it wasnt there

I read and accept the conditions each time and as far as am amware have the host event box ticked for the group i'm posting for

Am i missing something obvious

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Did your friend search under All Categories?  Once you post an event, you should see the event on your browser with the wording, date, and time you entered.  So, it should be there for your friend.

I believe there is a maximum number of events you can post in any 24-hour period. Perhaps four.  If you try to post more, it will tell you that you have maxed out for the day.  Try again tomorrow.

ETA:  To Chic's point about posting an event 'in time'.  The event calendar will not accept an event post less than two hours of the event time.

And, my experience over the past few months is that, once you post the event, it shows up immediately on the event calendar.

The simplest answer is that your friend may not have all all the rates checked. If your even was in Moderate or Adult and they were only looking in General (or in the wrong category and not EVENT or EVERYTHING) then they would not see it.  Have them try again and see if they show up.  It sometimes takes awhile for events to show up in the listing also. There used to be a message when you posted about no guarantees if you don't post early enough. Not sure if that is still there.

Also, check to see if your own posts are there a few hours later, just in case something has gone wrong. If you can see it in the correct category with the right rating filters, then everyone should be able to :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.