Hold doll pose

Suki Hirano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought this really cute doll, and I'm happy with everything except its hold pose. It's absolutely terrible, the creator is great at sculpty but must be terrible at animations. So I'm trying to create my own hold pose. Unfortunately, the doll is no mod (*sigh*), so i can't drag my own animation into it. So I was thinking about creating this invisible attachment that activates my own anim when worn. I was wondering what priority I should give this animation to make sure it overrides the hold pose, but not override my AO? I think only the shoulders, arms, and hands would be involved in the hold pose, so keeping everything else at (0,0,0) rotation would be fine right?

It depends on the priority of the doll's hold animation. At the top of your screen go to the develop menu, then avatar, then animation info (might be different on your viewer) and you can see your current animations and their priority. By turning the hold animation on and off you can figure out what priority it is. From there, you can upload your new hold at the same or higher priority.

And yes, if you animate just the arms and leave everything else at 0 rotation then only the arms will be animated by your new hold.

Chances are that both animations have priority 4 (most AO animations do), which is the highest priority. Your own prio 4 animation should still override previously started animations though. You can put it on a timer like this to re-apply your hold pose when the AO cycles your standing postures:

string anim;default{    on_rez(integer nevermind)    {        llSetTimerEvent(0);        llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(), PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION);         anim = llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_ANIMATION,0);            }    run_time_permissions(integer perm)    {        if(perm) llSetTimerEvent(1);    }                timer()    {        llStartAnimation(anim);    }}

In case you want to toggle the animation by clicking the attachment, use this script:

string anim;integer toggle;default{    on_rez(integer nevermind)    {        llSetTimerEvent(0);        llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(), PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION);         anim = llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_ANIMATION,0);            }    run_time_permissions(integer perm)    {        if(perm) llSetTimerEvent(1);    }    timer()    {        llStartAnimation(anim);    }    touch_start(integer total_number)    {        toggle=!toggle;        if(toggle)         {            llSetTimerEvent(0);            llStopAnimation(anim);        }        else llSetTimerEvent(1);    }}

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.