Second Life cannot be accessed from this Computer.

squeakyboot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just got banned recently, in the last 6 hours while I was asleep. I don't know why, because I'm 100% sure I'm age verified, and haven't done anything else bad. I've had this account for a while now, and it has a lot of stuff on it I don't want to lose, including several avatars that cost $L, and I also have about 2523 $L remaining from a purchase of about 6100 $L ($26.00 USD) a little while ago. If the ban is because of adult content, yes I have bought some adult items now and then, but I don't really see how that could be the problem. Anyway, is there anyway someone could help?

1 answer to this question

If you have really been banned, you should have received an e-mail from LL explaining why.  Check your spam filter if you haven't seen one.  The message will tell you how to appeal if you think it was an error.

I've seen a surprising number of reports from people like you recently, however, and they can't ALL be banned. If you haven't done it already, check to be sure that your router and modem are functioning correctly.  Unplug both of them for a couple of minutes, then plug them back in again and reboot your computer.  That will force your router and modem to establish a new Internet connection and get a fresh look at your IP address. This solution has already worked for a few people, so give it a try.  

Also, try logging in to a different location.  You can designate a login location with the little pulldown menu that is just to the right of your name/password on the login screen.  I suggest a nice, lag-free sim like Smith or Aqua.

If those things don't work ...... see >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Login-failure/ta-p/700109 . Read the information on that page to find out what to do next.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.