Bored programmer looking for something interesting to do...

TheMadScienceGeek

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I'm bored, I might visit Help Island public and people watch for a bit. I visit the public Sandboxes and see who is building what. I might search the map for Regions with unusual names or distant locations on the edge of the grid.

When I read your title for the thread, I thought that bored and looking for something interesting meant a Project to work on.:smileyhappy:

I've had a small programming idea that I've been considering. I don't know anything about programming. The idea is to change the allowed shape of a Region (currently square) and to put all the Linden Roads on their own servers.  

I've actually two things I am looking for.  I'll post my first now.  I just moved but after I get my swimming pool back up I will post a picture to explain the second.

There were two threads about creating the effect of closed eyes for a sleeping animation.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/Sleeping-closing-your-avatars-eyes/m-p/776251/highlight/true#M3083

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/Eyes-Wide-Shut/m-p/779081/highlight/true#M3162

In order to do this requires modding a copy of your shape and then switching shapes when you want to appear asleep.

So what I was wondering is if this could be accomplished with an A/O rather than switching shapes?  The one minor problem with the shape method is that there is still some eye blink visible.

Thanks

Perrie

Perrie Juran wrote:

I've actually two things I am looking for.  I'll post my first now.  I just moved but after I get my swimming pool back up I will post a picture to explain the second.

There were two threads about creating the effect of closed eyes for a sleeping animation.

In order to do this requires modding a copy of your shape and then switching shapes when you want to appear asleep.

So what I was wondering is if this could be accomplished with an A/O rather than switching shapes?  The one minor problem with the shape method is that there is still some eye blink visible.

Thanks

Perrie

This is interesting. I mean, if you programmed a client to do this automatically it would basically be like an animation overide BUT built in and would check the data or simply provide you with a button. When you make a shape, it would automatically make and save a shape with your eyes shut. But, I am not sure how smooth this would work lol. You then hit the button to shut your eyes and it changes the shape for you, just one button added to the bottom bar or maybe a menu entry?

I mean, making an AO in the viewer is hard....there is not default sleep anim is there? SO, if you can't detect what animation is a sleep animation, you can't trigger the sleep shape switch. WHich is why I was saying you would have to add a button or a menu selection to trigger it.

OH, wait. You are looking for LSL projects? HHhm, like open source or some kind of big need?

Uh, gosh...if you do servers you might like these breedable things. They are very popular. You can sort of get into geneticsand breeding. Of course, not sure if anyone really needs these, there are some on the market. I am sure there are people who would want to work with you on this, not sure if they would all want money or not lol.

I notice also this is in the freinds forum, so...my bad. I assume you want people to respond who have a project and want to hang and work on it?

Anyway, hope you find a cool project to challange and grow with...or at least just hang out and have some fun!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.