edHelp with Chimera please

ChrisCruize

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I haven't been in SL for a few months.. and my Chimera I used to have broke.. so I got a new one and deleted the old one..  however, I had bought a dance with linden and put inside of it..  and I deleted the chimera sense I got a new one..

did my dance get deleted too? the reason I ask is because I have 2 other versions of it in my inventory.. but they are no transfer and it's not letting me put the no transfer one into the Chimera.   I was inventory cleaning and emptied my trash.. so I guess I'm screwed. unless I'm doing something wrong?  Can you or can you not put no transfer animations into Chimera?

EDIT:  I found the copy..  the perms are modify/copy  but no transfer.   But its not letting me put it in the Chimera now like it was before..  how do I get it back in there?  I just put other animations in there just fine

2 answers to this question

Probably. But, it depends. If the animation was no copy, look in your TRASH. If the Chimera is still there you are saved. If not, it and the dance animation are gone. The system SHOULD have asked you if you were sure you wanted to delete the item because it had no copy items. If it did not file a JIRA with the viewer maker.

If the animation was copy-OK then there is a copy in your inventory somewhere.

I suspect you have now learned that even your broken things are worth saving until you get a replacement working.

On anoher level, inventory often appears lost and is not. If you think the animation is lost from inventory (like it is copy-OK and should be there), then look through this: Lost Inventory and Missing Inventory Fix – Help

You could contact the seller or creator, check their profile for their preferred method of contact. Look in your Transaction History to see if you can find the original sale and include a copy of the transaction in your communications with a seller.

In the notecard, briefly explain what happened and ask if them if they can help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.