men's mesh clothing?

Cerebrix Absolute

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'll post back for you. So far, only the mesh jeans from Slink. They are shown with a female in the ad, but the skinny version in the box can work for a dude too. You may need some prim shirt with it, since they are lowrise and rather feminine. But since they are free, why not try them just to see how it works? Here is a link (with pictures!) to a male avatar testing them.

http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/1358370-post123.html 

There are some rather sedate business suits out at Mesh Place (L$399 each), and yesterday I noticed some men's jeans at Zoobong (L$100).  I haven't bought any of these for myself, so I can't comment beyond their availability.  If I try any of them on, I'll report back.  :)

I'm not really sure how that's supposed to work, either.  Garment-layer items are "one size fits all" now anyway, of course, but it it sounds like mesh items are quite a bit more complicated.  Some interesting info in this item by a clothing creator:

http://www.myblackrose.net/2011/04/16/rigged-mesh-ensemble-for-men/

It sounds like mesh is very much a technology solution, not a magic one.  :)

Okay, so I've tried on the freebie mesh jeans from Slink (mentioned above) as well as the baggy pants from Zoobong (I misremembered them as jeans).  The flex of the "fabric" is seriously impressive, but I see the fitting challenge as a real potential drawback.  How many people, guys in particular, are going to want to have to wear an alpha layer to keep their avatar shape from intersecting/piercing the mesh clothing?  More importantly, though, at least I think so - how many guys are going to want to live with the shape imposed by a mesh item?  You could well end up having to change a fair bit of your shape for a mesh clothing piece to fit properly.  Areas where mesh garments meet (think about the waistline) could be a real problem, if the ingrained shapes of, say, a shirt and pants are dissimilar.

The beauty of garment-layer clothing items (such as it is) is that for the most part they "just fit".  Of course we've all had to work out how to fit prim components, at least if we want that extra dimension and complexity in our wardrobe.  But how many ill-fitting collars and oversize jewelry pieces do you see out there, even now?

It's a brave new world!  :D

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone.. I am oojam..mens clothing from sunnyscustomtailor is done superbly by their expert clothiers. All my suits from them are liked by each and everyone. my wardrobe is full of suits, shirts, jackets, top coats that are made by them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.