just some quick questions :)

J891995

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello im a new SL user and i have some questions:

1.(idk if this counts as art) but can u cook in SL if so how?

2. how do i build and create clothing and what are the requirements could u also give me a step-to-step guide?

3.(sorry another non-art ques.) how do i purchase linden dollars could i purchase them via prepaid cards if so where?

Thank you so much for reading much appreciated to whoever answers! :matte-motes-smitten:

Welcome to SL and the forum!

1) no, you cannot cook in SL.  You can purchase food items and utensils and even have a kitchen in a home, but you cannot cook.  You cannot even eat!

2) Search for classes at NCI or Caledon.

3) Here is a guide on buying L$.  http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-Linden-dollars/ta-p/700107

J891995 wrote:

hello im a new SL user and i have some questions:

1.(idk if this counts as art) but can u cook in SL if so how?

2. how do i build and create clothing and what are the requirements could u also give me a step-to-step guide?

3.(sorry another non-art ques.) how do i purchase linden dollars could i purchase them via prepaid cards if so where?

Thank you so much for reading much appreciated to whoever answers! :matte-motes-smitten:

Hi and Welcome.. :))

1. There are some scripted ovens, kitchen utensils and cooked food. There are also some animations for cooking or brewing. If you are thinking if you could play some kind of game or demonstration from Start to Finish (like Masterchef) I have not seen one yet.

2. Clothings can be as easy as playing with your sliders in the outfit setting or as complicated as using Photoshop/Gimp/Paint on a grid template to draw or paste a layer to it before you can wear them. There are classes inworld where they can teach you basics. Join NCI, Caledon Oxbridge, Happy Hippo Building school and Builders Brewery. They're pretty good with this kind of thing.

3. You can use PayPals/ Credit Card. Register yourself in your Account Website. Verification process may vary depending which part of the world you are and your method of payment. I'm using PayPal myself. Also, read this for further info.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.