I have numerous avatars and I have lost track of some of them. Is it possible to recover them all.

Drachonus Avro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3099 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Probably not.  Your avatar name is your account username and is key to your access.  Have you checked your cache files?  Every time you log in to Second Life, a cache folder is created for that username.  All of these folders are located as defined in your Preferences - Cache file location.  So if you have not purged or changed your computer, you should be able to find the name of every avatar that ever logged into SL in that location on your hard drive.

--Cinn

• Like 1

One fast way to recall the names of all your alts is to look in the prererences folder for SecondLife. There is a folder there named for every alt that has logged in, or attempted to log in.

For example, on my Win XP system, if I search all files and folders, including hidden folders and files, for "murakami", I find a folder named "ceera_murakami: on the path "C:\Documents and Settings\accountname\Application Data\SecondLife". The value for 'accountname' is your Windows login account name. (I also have one on the path "C:\Documents and Settings\accountname\Application Data\Firestorm", since I also use that Viewer.)

Looking in the folder that contains the ceera folder, I also see a folder named "ceera_monitor", which is one of my testing alts, and another named "ceera_momitor", which was created by making a typo when trying to log on as the testing alt. Folders created by failed login attempts are empty. Folders for valid login accounts have a few xml files in them, as well as other things. In your case, a folder named "drachonus_avro" should exist, as well as one for each of  the alts. Folders for a single-name account will have "_resident" after the single name username. For example, I also have a login just as "Ceera", with no surname, and that one's prefs folder is "ceera_resident".

Contents of the "C:\Documents and Settings\accountname\Application Data\SecondLife" folder gets deleted if you uninstall Viewer 2.x. But if you haven't explicitly uninstalled Viewer 2, every alt you ever tried logging in with should have a folder there. That still doesn't recover passwords or e-mail addresses for you, but it does give you a list of all the account names.

I make a habit of backing up my  "C:\Documents and Settings\accountname\Application Data\SecondLife" folder by renaming it before I uninstall Viewer 2 for any reason, so I don't lose the chat logs and other account preference data kept there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3099 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.