still unable to change avitar look

ladysabrina

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

this is my 2nd post on this same issue.. i opened a box and wore an angel kitty but i cannot remove it all.... when i try to put another skin over it it doesnt change the body shape... i have the shape of a monster... knobby knees huge feet huge hands.. horrible and another skin just changes the color not the shape... help please help please.. i would love to go back to original... this is an avi i created not one sl gave me. PLEASE HELP>>>>> GREATFUL and PANICING

4 answers to this question

duplicate/related: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Inventory/unable-to-remove-item-from-avitar/qaq-p/1048811

add info/comments to your op by using options > edit.

you need to put your old shape back on. no one here can say where in your inventory you saved it or what you named it, but try looking in your body parts folder and see if there is anything there you recognize. if you can't find it you may have to make it all over again using your memory, or you can wear a shape from the library or you can buy shapes.

for the future it can be a good thing to make a backup of your shape writing down the slider numbers for every part of the shape on a piece of paper outside of sl. this way you can recreate your shape anytime. sl sometimes eats random inventory without asking or apologizing.

the sl avatar consists of four basic components that can never be taken off, only replaced with another: shape, skin, eyes and hair (system hair/eyebrow shaper/bald cap/bald base).

• Like 2

Skins and shapes are two different things.

A shape is like your RL skeleton, it provides your form; bone structure, height, shape etc.  It sounds to me like you are wearing a DEMO shape.  Most shape makers put huge hands, feet, arms on demos so that customers can see how the body and face is formed before purchasing the real shape which will not have the extra large apendages.

A skin goes over the shape,it  will not change your form.  A skin provides tone, shading, makeup ect. 

You see a skin but just like in RL you do not "see" a shape

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.