I got charge on July 17 for 75 dollars for the land I previously owned. However, the land was trans

Cindy Galewind

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was charged on July 17 for 75 dollars for the land I previously owned. This land was transferred to a new owner. Please return or refund my money which was erroneously charged to my credit card. Also, send me a corrected copy of the transactions. Thank you very much.

from,  CINDY GALEWIND

2 answers to this question

You'll need to take that up with LL's billing department -- this is just ordinary residents trying to help by sharing knowledge and experience. 

I think, though, that you may be told that  "The Land Use Fee is a monthly charge for the peak amount of land held during the previous 30 days, including actual parcels held and land tier donated to groups."  So if you transferred the land after June 17th, that's why they charged you.   I got caught out like that once -- it's an expensive lesson.

• Like 1

Was the land deeded to a group and did you go to group info (land tab) and remove your group contribution after the land was sold?

Did you sell the land after June 17th?

If you sold after the 17th, even by one day, your peak usuage for the month will still be the total of the land & you will be charged for that month. If you did not remove a group contribution, you will be charged for that.

Check on your Account Summary on your dashboard, to make sure that your peak usage is now 0sqm and that your next tier date says nothing is payable.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.