Looking for a Houseboat Hull-any Suggestions?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good Day!

I'm looking for a houseboat hull  `15 x30 ish in size.

I can build the 'house part' (upper decks) of the houseboat.

I have tons of mega prims, however the mega prims I have, will give it a look of a flat 'river bottom' house boat.

What I like to use for the foundation is one that is curved up in the front and sides; can be flat on bottom and backside.

I've looked through MP. *eyes glazed over* :matte-motes-dead:

I thought about using a mega prim and working with hemicylinder's to give the front and sides I'm looking for.

This Houseboat will be static.

The hull can be 'plain jane' i.e. no texture(s). I will be adding my own.

Note: This is for Personal use on our 4096 island parcel.

Summation:

Can someone point me to a merchant/builder for what my weary eyes are not seeing? :)

Or confirm/dismiss using hemicylinder's for the hull of the Houseboat I am going to be building.

*I'll be manipulating hemicylinders* I think this will work. *crossing fingers*

Mucho thanks in advance for your assistance :D

Mathurin

You might also want to take the houseboat apart, study it, and then make your own hull.  You might even find a way to improve it.

Also, this seems like a simple application of a sculpty.  it is fairly easy to figure out how to take a big box or cylinder, and mold it into a hull-shape.

The main advantage of the scultpy would be in is only one prim.

I use mega sculpties to make my boat hulls and it's quite successful. Even moreso now that you can make your own specific size megas up to 64m

Just remember the bounding box issue - if you have bulwarks/upstands you won't be able to walk directly on the deck. You'll need to set it phantom and have an invisible regular prim as the deck surface.

If you're not up to speed with sculptie building, head to Tradewinds Yacht Club in Dex. In the boathouse there Manul Rotaru has made a hull sculptie map available for free which you can set to whatever dimesnions you want. I've just taken a look at it and I reckon it could well do as a houseboat hull.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.